Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I can't say that I rather enjoy the art style of Persepolis but it definitely fits with the story. The style itself is really childish and plain but then again it is a story being told by a child so the simple shapes fit really well in this aspect. I find that this topic in particular (women in the middle east) is something that I do not think I will ever understand. I know that other cultures are allowed to have different beliefs but the way they make women hide has always been confusing to me. Women are treated so poorly and are forced to hide themselves at all times. Having clothes to cover your naked body is one thing but only being able to see someone's eyes how is that a form of respect. Women are the reason we have life. they give birth, if anything they are most likely the most important part of life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment